A sniff of the teabag

Friday, June 13, 2008

Much has happened, much except blogging. A whole semester is over, the last one of my engineering. Videos have been made, quizzes have been won. Tears have rolled, byes have been said. Hostel life has kissed me goodbye. Slowly I resign to a dull world, a world of bathing daily.

Drunk on Indian love, the mother has been feeding copious amounts of random stuff. I hear it makes some people feel loved. I don't feel anything, except when some weird bitter gourd 'delicacy' is dropped on to my unsuspecting plate. I can only begin to understand the layers of meaning in the accompanying, 'Hmpf'. Maybe it is the satisfaction of filling me with nutrients, maybe it is not-so-sweet revenge of all the troubles I have caused. One wonders.

At home there pretty much isn't anything to do, except trying to rein in the hostel bred language. Which leads me to my new-found respect for the word "Mannamkatta". It has served me well in these testing times, standing in, time and again as a substitute for the more colourful and popular M-Word.

A lot remains to be said. They might sneak their way out to the blog. Then again, they might not. Either ways, the unwritten will continue adding taste to the written. Like the teabag which never found its way to my stomach.


Posted by Unknown at 6:45 PM |  

0 comments:

Post a Comment