A letter to the un-boring yet not-so-interesting.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dear Unboring-friends-and-relatives-talking-stuff-that-is-boring-to-me,

I get the feeling that my relative silence and laconic replies, in get-togethers of recent times is being misconstrued as lack of friendliness, or possibly as hostility. The truth, of course, is far from it.

These occasions brought together husbands, wives, mothers and fathers, the roles of people I don't quite identify with, at least not yet. They sat together and dicussed, expectedly, family matters, childbirths, weddings, teething troubles and such like. I would be retarded not feel the odd one out. For obvious reasons, these are matters alien to me. And I am sure an inappropriate response - the kind I take sadistic pleasure in - wouldn't have been appreciated.

Such as it is, the least I can do and the maximum that you can ask of me, would be beatific smiles, intermittent understanding nods, and answers to direct questions. Smile, nod, smile, answer, nod, nod.. would be a nice routine.

What would be a cruel joke, is to ask me to participate. For verbose though I am, in certain like-minded circles, what should I do here? Make up stories about my girlfriend's first child and her divorce from the drug addict?

This is not a fault of yours, its just who you are now. Indeed it was a learning experience, observing as I was, in amused detachment.

Sincerely,
Bored.


Posted by Unknown at 12:46 AM |  

2 comments:

"smiles, nods, smiles"

Anonymous said...
July 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

I am offended. I don't talk about diapers here to bore you, do I?!

:)

Unknown said...
July 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment