Bhool Bhulaiyaa

Friday, October 5, 2007

Mumbai based advocate S Kunjuraman, seems to have enjoyed his private moments with himself watching the song Hare Rama Hare Krishna from the soon to release(Oct 12) Bhool Bhulaiyaa.

Consumed by guilt, he has taken it upon himself to safeguard the sentiments of Hindus and Buddhists everywhere. Apparently we are all hurt that half-clad girls are shown dancing right in front of a Buddha statue while Hare Rama is played.

“It is objectionable and therefore, the song must be deleted from the film”, he says.

It scares me. I hear in some parts of the world, white is taken to be a very pure colour and anyone degrading it is held in contempt. Considering the colours I use on this blog, I might be hurting them by using black on white. They might even tell me to delete the posts. Maybe I should shift to using green on red. Only if the Greenlanders and the algae in the red sea don’t object, that is.

Such changes would soon have to be done. Meanwhile, since Kunju-Raman[little raman] is such an obvious belittlement of Ramen and hence by extension, an insult to my revered God, Flying Spaghetti Monster, I call for his deletion from this world.


P.S. -
[If you do go read the rediff article you would note that many readers are trying to figure out which movie is a copy of which. Just so you know. Manichitrathazhu(Malayalam) was made in 1993. It was remade in Kannada as Apthamithra(it doesn’t seem to have an IMDb entry), following which Chandramukhi(Tamil) was made in 2005. And now we have Bhool Bhulaiya. Personally I think the original is unmatchable. The voters on IMDb concur with a startling 9.4/10]


Posted by Unknown at 1:33 AM |  

0 comments:

Post a Comment